Yesterday I think I did too much. Therefore, my mind and body are stagnant today.
After school we went to the library. Then we went to the gym, where I ran six miles while reading three scholarly articles for a class. Then home for dinner, then I mowed the lawn, took out the trash, did the dishes, bathed two sandy, grassy, wet kids, and did some laundry and homework. Doing so much yesterday seems to have created a major physical and mental block in me today.
My brain seems to have slowed down. A large BLT with homemade tomatoes is starting to help perk it up.
Maybe in the resurrection this type of frailty will be gone from me. Maybe that’s when I’ll rise up with the strength of the eagles promised in Isaiah. But for now, I'll have to settle with alternating days of productivity and apathy.
I can completely relate to your day yesterday--its the kind of day I had today. And its funny that food seemed to perk me up too. For me it was a Caesar wrap from the Cougareat and a king sized snickers bar. Your comment about the resurrection made me wonder if the principle of men should not run faster than they have strength will still apply...food for thought.
ReplyDelete