This is definitely a rougher time of life. There are so many things I “need” to do, yet can’t seem to accomplish. This morning, I wanted to go running, but was afraid of my kids being scared if I wasn’t there when they woke up. Since the kids are with their dad now, I thought it would be a good time to go to the temple. But the lawn needed mowing. I got some reading done for one of my classes, then realized I read the wrong article.
I’m finding myself heading back into survival mode. I do what I can to stay sane and happy, which sometimes doesn’t make sense to other people. I did another race by myself on Saturday. Races really help me clear my head. Especially fun, muddy, trail races. I like naps. I like folding laundry while watching TV.
Finding balance has always been difficult for me. Especially in the ratio of servings of ice cream vs. servings of vegetables eaten in a day. And in deciding which good thing to do—since with me it’s rarely a choice between something I shouldn’t be doing and something I need to do. The choices are between all good things. Just need to decide what to put on top:
Pay off credit card.
File agreement.
Work on online class.
File for extension for online class.
Work on 423 paper.
Work on 356 paper.
Pick topic for 356 project.
Go to the temple.
Go Visiting Teaching.
Read to my kids.
Help daughter with homework.
Email daughter’s teacher.
Put money in daughter’s lunch account.
Quilt the Irish Chain.
Turn in textbook and tuition receipts for scholarship reimbursement.
Go running.
Visit bedridden neighbor.
Play with my kids.
Hold my kids.
Read the scriptures.
Start planning presentations for TELL classes.
Call sisters.
Dig up photo for mission reunion.
Find a babysitter for mission reunion.
Catch up on 356 reading.
Balance checking account.
Take piggybanks to bank.
No comments:
Post a Comment